Saturday, June 5, 2010

Well I DID IT!!! I completed my first triathlon!

I am very proud to announce that I completed my very first sprint triathlon today! My time was 1:45:48. I was so proud of myself for doing this and beating my goal of 2 hours! The swim was my weakest part, since I am clearly NOT a swimmer, but I plan on working on that. The biking was my favorite part! I had no idea I would enjoy it so much, but it was very relaxing and gave me some time to recharge before the run. The run was HOT! It was so hot I thought I was going to catch on fire. I just kept running along... but it was way more difficult than I had planned on the run to be! I love to run, it is my strength, but you wouldn't know it by the 31 minutes it took me to run the 3.1 miles today. In any event, I had a great time and I found something else that makes me happy and keeps me in shape! I of course can NOT skip over the most important part... my family! They were awesome, cheering me on the entire race. My sweet husband helped me set up before and after the race AND watched the 3 kids! Thanks honey, I really appreciate it!





1 comment:

  1. You are now one of my heros!!! Wish I could do it, but just don't have the body!

    ReplyDelete