Monday, June 7, 2010

One year challenge!!!

Alright, so I've been thinking a lot lately about the past year. Well almost a year. We started changing our food and losing weight July 20, 2009!!! I've been reflecting on that journey for me and how it has changed me. I hear the same thing from so many friends...

-oh I can't believe you've done that
-oh I could never do what you have done
-oh I wish I could do a triathlon, but I can't

blah blah blah... the list goes on and on!!!

So I've decided that if there is anyone out there that actually reads this blog and would like to take the challenge, I would LOVE nothing more than to show you how you can not only lose any extra weight, but complete a sprint triathlon too!

Every year in June, there is a "My First Triathlon" at Lake Lanier. There are so many people of so many different fitness levels. Some are in amazing shape, some are huffing and puffing to get through, but they all have the same goal in mind... FINISH! If you are reading this and you live nowhere near me, I'm sure you too can find a sprint triathlon or some other type of event to join in and accomplish. The point is to have a goal and stick to it! Anyway, here is what I propose for those interested. Every week, I will set out some menu options. I will work with my sweet hubby Andy with the dinner recipes (since he does the cooking). He has some amazing options! You can pick the ones that you would like to try (I encourage you to try new ones, because you never know until you try it). Every week we will meet up on the blog and share our progress and any ups and downs we experienced over the week. I will add some things that I experienced along the way at each level as well. I will have to go pull out my journal! I'll iron out all the details over the next couple days and get the post up for anyone who is interested. I don't really mind if there is only one person out there reading this, I am more than willing to give my help!!! Thanks everyone, hope to hear from many of you soon. Please feel free to pass on the blog to friends and family who are interested as well.

The question is... WHO'S WITH ME?

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh...Lake Lanier - that brings me back to my childhood memories! We would go there every summer with all of our cousins and stay at my Aunt's 'shack' on the Lake - the kids would sleep in tents on her humongous dock and we would all have so much fun! Loving the triathlon idea, unfortunately this June I will be doing a triathlon of my own - pulling all nighters with a newborn due end of June :). Maybe it will be good incentive for next year though!

    ReplyDelete