Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First Day of the Challenge

Well, I hope those of you following the menu and making a change had a successful first day! Last night for dinner Andy made us one of the awesome pizza's I have on the Menu to right hand side of the post.

This is a whole-wheat crust (Whole Foods Brand, Organic 365). He added pizza sauce, roasted bell peppers from a jar, artichoke hearts, 2% mozzarella shredded cheese and spinach on top. Set the over for 425 and cook till it's the way you like it!
This is my new FAVORITE snack food!!! Dark Chocolate Acai with blueberry. They are so awesome, they are perfect for a quick sweet fix. Serving size is 1/4 cup and contains 7g of fat and 180 calories. However, they are very good for you! My kids LOVE them, they call them chocolate balls and eat them like they are candy! I can't believe I have tricked my kids into eating acai and blueberries, YAY!!! We bought them at Costco.

On another note, I have found a training schedule that I am going to be starting tonight for my first workout! My good friend Kristina and I are going to run a half-marathon this coming October in Athens, GA!!! I'm so excited because I went to college in Athens and the run will go directly through the University of Georgia and the surrounding area. You can check out my schedule here.

Remember to keep up with your exercise, try to hit 30 minutes of walking a day. Keep up with it now, because every week it's going to change and get more difficult to jump in. Just keep a smile on your face, because you are changing your life! Try to take a pic of yourself in the mirror or something each week, it's a lot of fun to go back and look at them later!

If you are following this, send a quick comment so I know who's actually reading this, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment