Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday Night Post, Day 2 of Challenge365

So I'm begining to wonder if there is anyone out there reading this and following any of the advice? I'm really hoping YES so I will continue on! If this is able to reach just one other person and help them feel the way I do now, than it is totally worth it!!! I hope you are all doing great following your food, reading some educational books and exercising so far!

It's almost the weekend and I know this is where it gets harder. You are all home from work and want to go grab some quick food out on Saturday afternoon or Sunday after church. I know the drill, you think that it's just this once and you will change tomorrow. Well fight the temptation with all you have!!! It's just not worth it. You are trying to change your life which means you have to train your brain! You do not need the junk, your body doesn't want it, it's just your brain. Teach your brain that you don't want it either.

So another awesome thing about changing your life and getting healthier... teaching your children the importance of health too! This is something that I knew was important, but I had no idea the impact it would make on my young children. Tonight we had a swim meet and it dawned on me that we probably wouldn't be here if we were in the same place we were a year ago. Our kids see us being athletic and want to do the same. We encourage them to do the best they can and to be proud of themselves for what they accomplish! I was a proud momma tonight, my little guy swam in his first meet and he was SOOOO EXCITED AND PROUD!!! My daughter did great too, her first meet was last week! I've told them both that it's not about coming in first place, it's about giving 100% and doing the absolute best job you can do! This is something that I've only recently learned. The triathlon I did was not a race to be number one, it was a race against myself to finish! I was very proud of myself and I've learned that it's ok to push myself to things that I would ordinarily shy away from. God gave me this body and I should be proud of it and take care of it! It can do way more than my mind thinks it can... mind over matter!!!


Two of my babies... Morgan is the girl in the middle and Alex is the little guy in front! They are with their sweet friends Taylor and Allie.

No comments:

Post a Comment