Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week ONE of Challenge365

Alright everyone, here it is. Your one year challenge. I know there is at least one person out there reading this, so I will continue to update this blog with weekly instructions and lots of tips and just inspiring tips throughout the week. We will all get on the blog and update our progress every Monday. For those of you with a blog of your own, I will set up inLinkz so you can link your blog up to the post directly with your update and those of you without one can leave a comment so we can all be accountable! If there is anyone out there right now, I would really like to hear your story and so would others... for inspiration!

For week ONE, follow the menu I have added on the right hand side of the blog. For breakfast, pic ONE that works best for you and do it every day! It's a good idea to make this a habit and keep it simple. For lunch, feel free to change it up, but again keep it simple. For me, it was much easier to just have the same thing when I was home at first. Now that I'm more confadent in my choices, I am much more flexible. For dinner, you do not have to follow my menu perfect, just try out the different recipes and fit them into your life! We actually eat spaghetti twice a week most weeks, because it's good and easy! I will also be adding a link to the right about fast food options! It is ok to eat out... we are HUMAN. Just be ready and armed with the right choices to make when eating out.

Please remember that I am not a doctor or nutritionist and this is NOT a diet! This is a lifestyle change and I am just trying to put the advice that has helped my family make a lifestyle change. Following an eating plan is great, but in the long run you will have to learn why we should and should NOT eat certain foods, so I am going to suggest some books that you should pick up and read! Use this as a learning time, you don't have to know everything before you make your change, learn as you go. I'm still a work in progress too and I'm learning right along with all of you!

The books to start looking for are the "Eat This NOT That" by David Zinczenko. There are several different choices in this series, I suggest picking up the new 2010 edition shown here.

Also, lets all start out getting up and moving this week. I'm not sure the fitness level of all the readers, so let's start easy and work up from there. If you are more advanced, feel free to modify at your own comfort level. Let's start out by walking 30 minutes a day! Try to do it every day, but if you can't, don't beat yourself up! Do your best... that's all anyone can ask!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Be sure to comment with YOUR story or link up to the post with your own blog and story!





2 comments:

  1. Yep, everyone needs to be financially and physically fit. Keep up the great work.

    I came here via Toot Your Horn Tuesday. Hope you can visit me sometimes over at Pittypat Paperie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea you have here! I've been working on my own lifestyle changes recently.
    Thanks for playing along with Toot Your Horn Tuesday! Would love it if you'd place a link back to the party on your post!

    ReplyDelete