Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My food and New Running Shoes!

What do I Eat?
This is the question that I have been asked the MOST!!!

I've decided to sit down and right down what I personally eat every day. This does not mean that it will be the perfect thing for you, but it has worked well for me! I will also let you know what my husband eats, because we have different schedules that allow for different meals for breakfast and lunch.

BREAKFAST:
My typical breakfast is a Zone Bar. I know it sounds like not much, but it really keeps me full!
Total Fat per bar: 6grams
Calories: 190
You can also add a small glass of skim milk if you would like.

My husband has a little more time than I do in the morning so he makes oatmeal or steal cut oats. NOT the instant oatmeal... that stuff has way too much sugar. He adds cinnamon and bananas or raisons. Decide what works better for you and pick something that you will stick with! For me, I do not have time to cook anything in the morning because I'm busy running to the bus stop and carpool!

LUNCH:
My typical lunch is a black bean burger by Morning star and a serving of BAKED chips.
Total Fat: 10grams... 7 grams (burger), 3grams (chips)

I also look around for good veggie burgers and salmon burgers to use to change it up.

My husband is out of the house during lunch time, so he either takes his lunch to work or eats at Subway.
If he takes his lunch, he takes a wrap. That is a whole wheat wrap with a sliced turkey and FAT FREE cheese, with a side of baked chips.
At Subway you have tons of options. He usually picks a turkey sub, 6 inch, flatbread or whole wheat bread. Load on the veggies, NO CHEESE!!! ABSOLUTELY NO MAYO!!!

My personal Subway order is...Veggie sub on flat bread. I load it up with all the veggies that I like and add sweet onion sauce! It's so yummy, I can't believe I didn't eat it years ago! Subway always has BAKED chips too! Yay for Subway, they are great!

SNACK:
Around 3:00pm I eat a snack. Usually I will have half of a zone bar.
Total Fat: 3grams
If you are exercising before this, you may to have the entire bar!

My husband has yogurt. Probiotic yogurt, NOT sugar flavored! PLAIN YOGURT! Check the fat, make sure it's low. He adds blueberries or any fruit on it. This is totally up to you, however DO NOT SKIP THIS!! It will help keep you full until dinner and it will keep you from stuffing your face at 6pm!!!

DINNER:
We do a lot of fresh veggies on the stove, very little oil! We will put it on whole wheat tortillas. Another typical dinner for us is the black bean burgers cooked and smashed up, add fat free cheese (melt it on your burger in a bowl) put on a whole wheat tortilla and add salsa. If you eat meat, stick to lean meat! Chicken can me baked or grilled, just cut off all the fat before you cook it! Eat lots of veggies and even fruit if you like it! The more good stuff you eat the less bad stuff you will crave!

NIGHT SNACK:
I run at night because that's the only time I can with my kids! After I run I have a zone bar for energy and carbs! It's also a great idea to have half of a banana before you exercise because it gives you energy for your workout.

DO NOT MUNCH ON SNACKS LATE AT NIGHT!!!
stick to a healthy low fat night snack, but that's it! I have mine around 8, because thats when I'm done running. I would recomend eating a snack around 7 or 7:30!

Remember I'm not a nutritionist, so please don't think that I am!!! I'm simply a mom who was tired of being FAT!!! I hope this helps! If you feel like you need more, don't starve your body, it knows what it needs!!! Please feel free to ask any questions!

Alright, so I bought a new pair of running shoes... woohoo!!! I did run in the ones I had, but once I started running 3 miles a day, I thought it was worthy of buying new ones! I picked a pair of Nike Vomero 4's. I read so many reviews online that I thought I was going to go crazy. I narrowed it down between the Nike Vomero 4s and the Nike LunarGlides. Both were awesome, but these happened to be the ones I found in my size in the better color. You really can't go wrong with either!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That doesn't seem like a lot of food. Although, compared to what I am eating right now any thing seems little. ;-)

    I have never been into eating the bars..what is the zone bar like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reading a magazine article with a typical week of food for The Biggest Loser show. It is A LOT of food. I don't do well eating bars either but do well with an egg white and veggie omelet. You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete