Saturday, December 26, 2009

Transformation... Part 2!


So here is a current picture, I am sorry it's not that great! I will add a better one soon! I am out of town and I didn't want to make you wait until I got home for an update!

I am wearing a size 2/4 jeans and weighing in at 122 pounds!

I am thrilled to say the least! I love my newly found body and I'm still working to tone the areas that need it. I have had 3 c-sections so I have a way to go to rebuild the muscle in my tummy.

This picture was taken a few days ago. I put on my size 10 shorts that I was wearing on our beach trip this summer (pics on Part 1 post).

I am still eating the same amount of fat in my diet. I maintain less than 15grams per meal. There is NO REASON to eat more than that!

Recently I have added running to my daily routine. I never thought I would enjoy running, but it is very relaxing and peaceful to me. I would like to eventually run a marathon (hence the blog site name). For now, I'm focusing on a 5K run at the end of January. I just started running a few weeks ago, so I will continue to update you on the progress of that.

I will say, the first run I did was NOT GOOD! After about 2 minutes of running I thought I was going to DIE! Seriously, I had to tell myself that it will get better... and it has. The first time I ran one mile I was so excited I could almost cry. I never thought I would be able to do that. I am currently running 3.1 miles about 5-6 times a week. I do see changes in my body from running. I see my belly shrinking above my scar. This is exciting for me!!! I hope you are inspired my story and start your own. It is the BEST thing you can do for yourself and your family! Please leave comments and let me know if you are also in your own journey. Together we can help others and encourage ourselves to continue when the tough times come!

Thanks everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how I happened upon your blog, but I'm very intrigued by your journey. I have a lot of weight to lose and am looking forward to reading and learning more from you. I just ran my first 5k Thanksgiving morning - it was much harder than it should've been because of all the extra weight I'm carrying, but definitely addicting. Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations - you look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto...not sure how I found your blog but maybe it was a sign. You are (were) about my same size. I have been trying for years to get off the hardest 10-12 pounds. I hate counting fat grams, calories etc...but I may have to.

    So I am curious and need details. ;-)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great! I have been trying to get back to the size i used to be... well, not really trying... i want to get back to that size, but im not very motivated. I cant get into a routine and im lazy! Its hard to get out of my current routine because while im at school I eat terribly and im poor. I think i might stock up on these Zone bars though and see how that goes... thanks for the inspiration keish :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... Inspiration for my baby sis... Now that's cool!!!! You can totally do it on a small budget! We are on a tight budget too and it's been great! Saves you from going out to eat a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am a 3 c-section mama and have started running too and HOPE to do a 10K at the end of this month. I can barely muster the 3 miles now but I am hoping I can do it! Thanks for sharing - will be watching you!

    ReplyDelete