Monday, December 21, 2009

Transformation of myself... Part 1

This is me in April 2008. My youngest was 5 months old at the time, so I justified my weight as "baby weight". I was wearing a size 14 jeans in this picture, I was about 165 pounds here.

This was at my daughters preschool graduation in May 2009. At this point, I think I had just given up and tried to make the best of the situation. I am wearing a size 12 pants and I'm around 160 pounds.

This is my youngest and I on our summer vacation to Charleston, SC July 2009. I was feeling a little better since I had lost a little weight. I'm wearing a size 10 pants and weighing in at 155 pounds.

This picture was taken on the same summer vacation as the above picture. We were at Myrtle Beach, July 2009.

After this trip, we came home and I decided I was tired of living like this!!! I was so tired of picking through pictures from our trips and only showing the ones without me on Facebook. I was tired of having adorable kids and feeling like a fat blob! I was so happy in part of my life... I have a great husband and great kids. Yet I was so miserable in a different party of my life... I was not the way I felt I should be. The biggest question is... how and where to start? Well I'm not great at cooking at home, so we eat out a LOT! That had to stop! When we did cook at home, it was usually the cheapest thing I could buy at the grocery store... that was also the worst for you! High in fat and just gross! Well we decided to start with something simple so we would quit!

We started by only eating 15g of fat per meal! Sounds too simple, but take a look at what you eat and how much fat is in it... scary!!! If we were going to go out, we would get online first and check the nutritional facts. We didn't really pay much attention to calories and stuff at first, that would have been too difficult and we wouldn't have stayed on track!

We started on July 20, 2009. I weighed in at 155 pounds that morning. I was wearing a size 12 or a size 10, but they were tight on my belly!

We didn't tell our families how much we had lost, they saw us for the first time at Halloween for my youngest sons 2nd birthday. To say the least, they were SHOCKED! Everyone started asking us how we did and they all wanted to know what we were eating etc...

At Halloween I was 132 pounds and wearing a size 6 jean.

Check out Part 2 of my post where I reveal my current weight and jean size and show you more about how I did it and what I'm doing now. Not only have I lost a lot of weight, I have completely changed my lifestyle... come see for yourself!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear all about it. I am at the same place that you started out, only a little bit older. I have got to make some changes!!!! I have done it before, only did not continue with it, and am sure regretting it now. It would have been so much better to stick with it. Hope to hear part II soon, and WAY TO GO!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. you inspire me!! I have been "trying" for the last year and I too am fed up, thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, wait! Where's the "after" photo? Can't wait to see. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! You're so right that fats are bad news! About 10 years ago due to a family health scare, luckily not mine, I decided to loose some weight. I weighed about 170 and I'm 5'5". I talked with my doc and ask him about a low fat diet and he told me about a study that had been done that showed you needed NO fats in you diet at all! The RDA is 65grams. I went with 15g or less a day and still ate very, very well!
    Within 6 months I had lost about 45lbs and honestly it was easy! I'll be back for the after!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiration on both counts,the health and the money. Good for you, I will be looking for the after to see how you did it!

    ReplyDelete